Saturday, August 30, 2014

tumblr book club

I opened up a tumblr book club!
you can join here-> http://www.thereichenbookfall.tumblr.com/
For the first pick to start off the book clubs opening I found it very hard to settle on one book alone, But I went with the obviously better choice, “Howl’s Moving Castle” by Diana Wynne Jones.
image
It was such an enchanting and magical novel that Ghibli Studios even made an animated movie adaption of the book.
On another of Jones’ novels, The Merlin Conspiracy, the famous author and writer of Coraline, Good Omens, The Graveyard Book, etc. Neil Gaiman stated she is “the best writer of magic” (what other proof could you possibly need?) so I thought it would be a suiting novel to start the club off on a good note.
Magic novels give me a great sense of nostalgia, growing up with an aunt who is (quite probably) Wiccan and being surrounded by good magic stories from Harry Potter to Merlin they have never failed to fill my soul with a great sense of wonderment.
You can buy the novel for $10.44 CAD or download the free Ebook here I typically suggest purchasing the novel to support the author but sadly Diana passed away on March 26th 2011 due to cancer.
This book is truly the best of her work and a beautiful way to remember this amazing author and her work. If you still want to support Diana and her novels after her passing you can help by donating to cancer research here.
thank-you for reading and enjoy your books :-) I’ll have a new pick up in two weeks

No comments:

Post a Comment